BALANCED EQUITY MANAGEMENT
Investing for value
Balanced Equity Management was established in 1988 by Andrew Sisson (Managing Director). It is now one of Australia’s leading equities managers with funds under management of AUD 10.7 billion as at 30 September 2013.
Balanced Equity Management has used a consistent investment approach since inception which is based on fundamental value, going overweight on a stock in its benchmark when it believes the market is pricing the stock below its long term fundamental value. The firm has a successful track record of outperforming the S&P/ASX50 and S&P/ASX100 accumulation index on behalf of wholesale clients.
One key aspect that differentiates the firm from its competitors is the dual role of the Lead Analyst and Investment Manager, where the emphasis is on being the Lead Analyst first and the Investment Manager second. The Lead Analysts / Investment Managers are supported by a strong team of Equities Analysts with specialist sector coverage.
Franklin Templeton Investments
- Balanced Equity Management became a wholly owned subsidiary of Franklin Templeton Investments Australia Limited on 6 July 2011.
- Each investment team within Franklin Templeton operates autonomously, with full support from the global organisation.
- The global resources of Franklin Templeton enable our investment professionals to concentrate on research and portfolio management, with centralised support across technology, communications, compliance and legal, corporate accounting and human resources.
- Balanced Equity Management has a long tradition of managing funds for large institutional clients. Since October 2011 retail investors can now access this capability via the Franklin Templeton Australian Equity Fund.
- Visit www.franklintempleton.com.au/equity for more information on the Franklin Templeton Australian Equity Fund.